In a world where career paths can be non-linear and diverse, women are increasingly making remarkable career comebacks after taking breaks for various reasons, such as family, personal growth, or pursuing other interests. These stories of resilience and determination serve as inspiring examples of how women are achieving success in their professional lives even after taking time away. Here, we share some notable success stories of women who made impressive women’s career comeback.
Success Stories: Women’s Career Comeback
- Reshma Saujani: The founder and CEO of Girls Who Code, Reshma Saujani took a break from her legal career to run for political office. After an unsuccessful bid for the U.S. Congress, she realized her passion for closing the gender gap in technology. She started Girls Who Code, which has since educated thousands of girls in computer science and technology.
- Arianna Huffington: The co-founder of The Huffington Post, Arianna Huffington, took a career break to focus on her health and well-being. After her recovery, she returned to journalism with renewed vigor and went on to establish Thrive Global, a company dedicated to well-being and productivity.
- Indra Nooyi: After a successful stint as the CEO of PepsiCo, Indra Nooyi took a step back to spend more time with her family. She later became a professor at the Yale School of Management, contributing her wealth of experience to the next generation of leaders.
- Sallie Krawcheck: A prominent figure on Wall Street, Sallie Krawcheck took a career break and used her experience to launch Ellevest, an investment platform designed to empower women financially.
- Sheryl Sandberg: Facebook’s COO, Sheryl Sandberg, is known for her advocacy of women’s rights and empowerment. After the loss of her husband, she wrote “Option B” to help others facing adversity. She continues to lead Facebook while championing women in the workplace.
- Rachael Ray: Celebrity chef and TV personality Rachael Ray temporarily stepped away from her career to focus on her family’s well-being. She later made a successful comeback and continued to inspire millions with her culinary talents.
These success stories highlight the resilience, adaptability, and drive of women who have managed to revitalize their careers after breaks. They show that with determination and the right support, it’s possible to overcome the challenges of restarting one’s professional journey. These women not only found their way back but also made significant contributions to various industries, serving as role models for others looking to embark on their own career comebacks.