The kaleidoscopic beauty and diversity of India make it difficult for tourists to choose a favorite destination. You practically have an array of different destinations and cities to choose from. From east to west, from north to south, the country has mesmerizing beauty and enthralling cultural glimpses.
If you love a bit of history on the plate and want to explore a rich cultural heritage, Jaipur – the pink city of Indi can be an ideal destination for you. Not only it is one of the most famous tourist destinations in India but the city has so much more to offer. Adorned with the creativity and glitter of Rajasthani culture and heritage, Jaipur is all set to give you the much-needed dose of vacation.
The grandeur and captivating beauty of the architecture of Jaipuri buildings and the vibes of history peep out through every corner and lane of the place. From shopping your favorite lehengas to Jaipuri juttis, from colorful turbans to the Jaipuri mirror handicrafts, make sure you include Jaipur in your holiday bucket list
Visiting Jaipur is definitely going to be one of the best phases in your life. Rajasthan has a glorified history and when you visit Jaipur the entire city will seem like a canvas to you painted with ravishing forts, gorgeous buildings, and some magnificent fiestas of ancient architecture. Most of the important spots in Jaipur are heritage buildings. The sprawling city offers a panoramic view of the forts, mahals that scream out of the glorious history and majestic tradition of Rajasthan.
Must-Visit Travel Spots in Jaipur
Here is the list of the top 5 must-visit places in Jaipur:
- City Palace: It is the residence of the Rajasthani Royal Families. This is one of the most famous tourists spots in Jaipur that was home to the most famous ruler of India – Maharaja Man Singh
- Hawa Mahal: Hawa Mahal is one of the iconic ambassadors of Jaipuri culture. This 5 storey building is an architectural masterpiece featuring the world’s famous Jaipuri lattice architecture. The phenomenal structure of the building will enthrall you.
- Jal Mahal: Want to get awestruck by another majestic architectural marvel – then visit this tomb built over water. A building standing tall across the Man Sagar Lake in Rajasthan is a must-visit place while your stay in Jaipur.
- Amber Fort: Famos across the world by the name of “Cheel ka Tila”, this is located in Amer Village of Rajasthan. The elephant safaris are a must if you are visiting this fort. The entire fort is built with red sandstone and is another architectural beauty.
- Jaigarh Fort: Built in 1726, this fort is situated on the Aravalli Range and was dedicated to the security strengthening of Jaipuri Royal Families. It was a storehouse of the arms and ammunitions. This fort has now been converted into a museum open for visitors.
Jaipur – The Cultural Ocean
The frame of Jaipur is decorated with colorful relics of Rajasthani dresses, jewelry, and handicraft items and it is a paradise for shopping. Also, when in Jaipur, do not forget to explore the traditional Rajasthani food like Daal-Baati-Churma, Ghewar, Laal maas, and so on. Jaipur is an ethnic city with the aroma of traditional Rajasthani cuisine everywhere across the city. Do not forget to savor some of those to strengthen the memories of Jaipur in your soul.
Jaipur is equally famous for many traditional festivals like Camel Festival and Teej. Jaipur is located in the Great Thar Desert, hence you can get a complete taste of the desert as well as the architectural marvel of the city. Exploring the royal heritage of the city is one of the best things you will ever come across.